notary public Edgware, London

Contact Me

Notary Public FAQ

Below is brief information covering some frequently asked questions about Notaries. Please click on a link below to see the answer. If you have other questions please contact me.

What does a Notary Public do?

A Notary Public is a highly specialist lawyer who deals with documents for use in foreign countries. A Notary’s signature and seal are recognised worldwide. If you require a document to be accepted as authentic in a foreign country you may need a Notary Public to notarise that document.

Back to top of Notary FAQ

Why do I need the services of a Notary Public?

You will normally require the services of a Notary when you have a document which needs to be used in a foreign country. By virtue of the Notaries signature and official seal, authorities in other countries will be assured that the relevant checks have been carried out.

Back to top of Notary FAQ

Examples of when you may require a Notary?

  • Sending a certified copy of your passport
  • Certify exam certificates for use abroad
  • Property transactions abroad
  • Setting up a Power of Attorney for use in another country
  • Swearing an Oath or Affidavit
  • Making a Statutory declaration
  • When marrying abroad you may need to prove your single status
  • Getting duplicate documents such as a passport
  • Authenticating a translation of a document
  • Getting permission for a child to travel with one parent
  • Legalisations or Apostilles
  • Registration of Trade Marks
  • Notarisation of commercial documents
  • Any other document for use abroad

Back to top of Notary FAQ

How much does it cost to get my documents Notarised?

The cost will depend on a number of factors such as how many documents you need notarising, how many copies of each document you require, which country they are to be used in and whether or not you also require an Apostille.

For a quotation please contact me.

Back to top of Notary FAQ

What do I need to bring to a meeting with a Notary Public?

Please bring with you:

  • Proof of your identity, passport/driving licence
  • Proof of your home address, utility bill
  • Proof you are authorised to sign if acting on behalf of an organisation
  • All papers and documentation relating to the matter to be discussed
  • Translation of document if not written in English

Back to top of Notary FAQ